Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

April 29, 2007: Random Celebri-thoughts

I didn't read magazines or watch much TV this weekend, but just from the little I did, I learned way too much about people I don't need to allow into my mind. Call it celebri-spiraling by CNN crawl.

But too late to put these nuggets back into the box. Media sound bytes let the horses out of the gate. As I write this, here are the questions going through my mind:

  • Will my friend Brooks really need to have such drastic surgery?
  • Are Alec Baldwin and Rosie O'Donnell friends or what? "The View" appearance was so oddly orchestrated.
  • Does Bush really plan to work with Dems on the Iraq funding and, if so, why is he still grandstanding?
  • When will the "Katie Trapped by Scientologists" headlines ever end?
  • What should I get my mom for Mother's Day?
  • Why does Jane Fonda seem so pissed off in interviews?
  • Will "The Bachelor" one day regret making out with ten women on his show, captured on tape for all time?
  • Are Hillary and Barack frenemies?
  • Why hasn't Larry B. called me back? I know there's the "having a kid" issue, but still...
  • What do I need to do to get my next writing deadlines in order?
  • What's the real story behind the cozy Bruce Willis, Ashton Kutcher, and Demi Moore shared vacations?
  • Will life be found on this newly discovered planet that supposedly resembles earth in some ways?
  • What are the answers to these little mysteries?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celebri-spiraling by CNN crawl? So this means you can celebri-spiral when the TV is on mute?

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To point four...In 9.5 years just prior to California's community property laws kicking in. At that point the headlines will change to "Is Suri Trapped By Scientologists?"

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home