Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Monday, April 2, 2007

April 2, 2007: GOP Hooker Du Jour Causes Celebri-spiral

While I am celebri-spiraling this week in, around, and about Washington, D.C., can we note this ridiculous exchange between Radar Magazine and Matt Sanchez, the GOP's latest sleazy male hooker with a heart of gold-crack?

This is from my friends at Gawker, which just this week invited me to become an official poster, thereby ensuring many more celebri-spirals to come:

Today, Radar gets with Matt Sanchez, the adult film actor turned adult GOP mascot. (Both careers require someone to have some fingers in him!) It gets really weird. For one:

Radar: "Are you not attracted to men anymore?"
GOP Hooker Du Jour: "I never said I was in the first place. Gay men are like fundamentalist Muslims. If you leave their religion they have to send out a fatwa and demand your execution."

Fatwa, my ass. I'd go to his tongue-ectomy, though. I am proud of my fellow Gawker posters who IMHO outdid themselves on the subsequent comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home