Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Friday, March 23, 2007

March 23, 2007: Now THIS Is a Celebri-spiral! Check Out Lily Tomlin's Meltdown

Go, Ernestine, go!

Celebrities are not like you and me. This meltdown between Lily and creepy, self-indulgent director David O. Russell-captured on film, God bless YouTube- is yet another example of how the Gods bestowed on celebrities the gift of special rules for behavior.



If I were a celebrity, I'd call all my actors the C-word, hurl papers, and just yell fuck-fuck-fuck throughout my day like a parrot with Tourrette's. What would you do?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, this is amazing! I want to be famous so I can have a tantrum too.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the edgy articles you're doing on the celebrity world, Dave. You're the best at what you do.

NK

Saturday, March 24, 2007 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Singleton said...

Thanks, "Anonymous NK"

Saturday, March 24, 2007 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this clip but also find it kind of scary. D.O.R comes off as a major prick in this clip (accurate, I am sure) but you need to see the follow-up clips of Lily terrorizing the entire cast, including Dustin Hoffman who obviously snapped out of the Method for a moment. I think he was afraid he was about to be killed.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa G said...

Hollywood is full of pretty people, but it is an ugly, ugly place.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 4:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David O. is CRAZY. He's the one George Clooney fought with because of David's hitting/bullying on extra on some movie.

Monday, March 26, 2007 7:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Dave, I thought you already *are* a celebrity.

Monday, March 26, 2007 7:13:00 AM  
Blogger Annie & Suz said...

I would love see someone in my corporate world do that! So sad that this is the only pr Lily Tomlin's had in years! If I were a celeb, I'd be off adopting kids with Pitt in exchange for covers of all the rags!

Monday, March 26, 2007 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Annie & Suz said...

In response to Suzanne -- I saw that clip too and poor Dustin was trapped in the passnenger seat of the car, unable to open the door and you can also see Wahlberg for a split second trying to get the "f" out of the back seat. For a small woman, she is scary.

Monday, March 26, 2007 10:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Edith Ann and I am a 5-year-old bipolar scary dyke...Grrrrrrrr.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home