Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April 3, 2007: Fug It Like Beckham

I couldn't help myself today. My friend C-Saw! recounted a handful of funny Go Fug Yourself moments at dinner. While I tried holding my hands to my ears singing lalalalalalalalala, I found myself on the fashion site later that night.

Fug and Fugs is funny and feeds my Beckham curiosity. I just wanted to skip working and hang out with Heather and Jessica, and, by the way, I so don't believe those are their real names.

Enjoy sample celeb-envy-laden dialogue from the post:

POSH: Don't be a prat.

BECKS: Look, I was getting sick of waiting. It took you two hours to pick your shoes. Who spends two hours picking out shoes to go with pants that don't even SHOW them, Vic?

POSH: Oh, well, fine, if you don't CARE about the details. Although coming from someone who couldn't be arsed to tuck in his shirt before throwing on grandpa's cardigan...

BECKS: Pipe down, Simon Le Bon. I'm not ALLOWED to have closet time while you're still deciding, remember?

POSH: And I expect you're going to blame that hat on me, too, now.

BECKS: It's the only thing I could find that might help me hide.

POSH: Our reality show is going to be bloody brilliant.

The problem is that you want to like him. Alot. And she is just impossible to get behind. And the whole thing just makes no sense. Should we access our inner British upper crust and turn our well-rouged cheeks away from them?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You took the words right out of my mouth...it must have been while you were kissing me. She is just so off-putting, totally unappealing and I'd probably be obsessed with him if his vapidity wasn't so blantantly exposed daily with shots of his life partner, her puffy lips, melon tits on a six year old boy body. Too bad because he is so worthy of obsession....

Monday, April 02, 2007 4:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's Guh-rosssssss

Monday, April 02, 2007 4:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks like Tinkerbell to me. I think they are not going to be that interesting in the US for some reason.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I. Can't. Wait.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger Annie & Suz said...

Does Becks know that he's married to a lollipop that is now controlled by Thetans? Yuck. My eyes hurt when I see her. No more Dave...please no more pics of her!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's like the Golden God guy from Lord of the Rings and she's Smiegel

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home