Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

April 18, 2007: Global Bollywood Celebri-spiral

So glad to see the world has its priorities in order, as lawyers file suit against Richard Gere for his showy Hollywood kiss of an Indian actress.

It's not like he peed on her, people. Dammit, this is what I hate most about celebri-spiraling; that is, my misbegotten need to defend celebrities like Richard Gere, whose worst crime is a showman's eagerness to hog the spotlight.

So when will the American Gigolo references start? Blogosphere, I am waiting for the predictable moment that I know will come.

Please, global rioters, I beg of you, let love lift us up where we belong.

And celebrities, please think twice when traveling. No liquids, weapons, or PDA! When will the violent kissing stop?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world has really lost its mind if it cares about this. Why is it on the news right now?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home