Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

March 20, 2007: Just When I Thought It Was Safe to Open My Email...

This morning, I yawned, stretched and tried to come alive, as Dolly Parton implores in my career anthem Nine to Five.

I was minding my own business. I hadn't thought of "her" in a week. My Anna celebri-spiral was not over but definitely more manageable, sort of like Lindsay's rehab. I went to my email. A note from Amazon.com was waiting for me:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We've noticed that customers who have expressed interest in Fat Actress - The Complete First Season have also ordered Season 1-Anna Micole Smith Show on DVD. For this reason, you might like to know that Season 1-Anna Micole Smith Show is now available on DVD. You can order your copy by following the link below.

Season 1-Anna Micole Smith Show
Season 1-Anna Micole Smith Show
Anna Nicole Smith Show


I can't escape her. Even in my personal email, she's haunting me from her Caribbean grave.

And yes, you read right. Micole. With an "M." Are you kidding me with this? Should I be pleased with a typo for the most written about name of the last year? Does this mean Amazon was paying attention to worthier, less celebri-spiralish product, like that new book The Secret? Or was the copy editor too busy watching Anna coverage on ET and Access Hollywood to pay attention to his job?

And no image was available? When there are only 5 million images of her and her TV show everywhere?

Note to Amazon: so much for Carpe Opportunity!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who could watch that show of hers now? So sad. We laughed at her being a train wreck, which is how everyone describes her and, in fact, is the title of the book about her.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 7:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home