Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Thursday, March 1, 2007

March 1, 2007: Posh Spice's Celebri-spiral

Surely you don't think Posh alone causes a celebri-spiral, do you? Now with the soccer-playing hubby, maybe. But on her own, what exactly does this woman do to garner acclaim, or even attention?

Posh Spice is in the news today because she's
:

1) Still skinny, scary, and fake-tanned, but now newly blond;

2) Househunting, with her move to Los Angeles fodder for a new reality TV show;

3) Having a celebri-spiral of her very own, according to her first LA interview in UK's The Mirror.

Not known for my Spice Support, or unquestioning love of celebrities who are famous just for being famous, I am tossing a lifeline to Posh-ter on this one. I don't blame her. Here's the scoop:

Posh, 32, who has a £7.5million deal to design her own collection of shoes and handbags, also reveals she has to work hard to stay a fashion icon.

Victoria reveals: "When I get on a plane the first thing I do is put on old pajamas."But the other day I was on a flight sitting next to Tom Ford."

I told him that I was going to take all my glam gear off and he said, 'You shouldn't'.

I thought he was joking and was getting ready to change when he said, 'No, you really shouldn't'.

"I was so intimidated I had to sit on this 11-hour flight in tight, uncomfortable clothes."

Finally, she's shown some sense. If Tom Ford told me to sit down, sit still in my tight clothes, and Shut the F*** Up for a flight, I'd probably do it, too. He's definitely celebri-spiral worthy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie & Suz said...

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Becks is with this lollipop. Just goes to show that you really don't know what goes on in a relationship. Everything I read about him talks about his humble beginnings and his down to earth character. How does this make sense? What the F?? What's worse is that they're hanging around with Thetans Cruise and Holmes!

Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom Ford and his smolder...ooooohhh, it makes me tingle :)

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home