Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Friday, February 23, 2007

February 22, 2007: Hung Over After a Week of Toxic Pop Culture

After this week of sad, bald, and crazy Britney "The Hulk" wielding an umbrella on a paparazzi SUV, Anna Nicole's decaying dead body starring in a week-long courtroom farce that was cheesier than her reality show, and Hillary vs. Oback embracing the politics of personal destruction by slugging it out in Hollywood a year before primary, I feel nauseated, hung over, exhausted and dirty, like I just got back from a week in Vegas. And yet, I cannot resist this one last video.



OK, but now I am done. It's a celebri-spiral hangover, akin to stumbling home at dawn down the blinding neon strip of tawdriness, trailed by bags of broken Vodka mini bottles, puffs of stale smoke steaming out of my tattered clothes, and a trio of hookers in ripped fishnets asking me for more money
.

Now I just want some peace. I think I'm going to read Dickens tonight. Then of course, Sunday is the Oscars. So I better get my emotional stylist in gear and start a celebrity culture attitude makeover pronto - at least by Saturday night - if I am going to be ready for Joan, Melissa, Ellen, and the awards by 6 P.M. ET Sunday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa G said...

Who has time to make these videos??? Y'all need to back off the Britney. You saw what she can do with a pair of clippers.

What is that SONG? Who is singing it? I am bewildered.

Saturday, February 24, 2007 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Singleton said...

It's Amy Winehouse from her Rehab album.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/rehab-lyrics-amy-winehouse.html

Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home