Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

January 25, 2007: Finally, We Close an Ugly Chapter in The Book of Celebrity TMI

Think of Liza Minnelli and you want to conjur images of Cabaret, New York, New York, and old-style showbiz. You do not want to think of world-class gross PDA, herpes-spreading, Grey Goose bottles used as spousal weapons, or sexual harrassment of the chaffeur, from both parties I might add.

The Liza-David divorce war is over today. Life is a Cabaret again. In granting the decision, the judge should impose groundbreaking new contingency fines for subjecting the public to further celebrity TMI. But that means no more headlines like this one. Sounds like a fair deal to me.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Money makes the world go around,
the world go around, the world go around,
Money makes the world go around,
it makes the world go round.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger Cathleen Rittereiser said...

What I cannot believe about this story is that you tried to talk me into standing outside the church the day these 2 got married and reporting back to you on what I saw.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Shane Harris said...

I recall hearing that David's former assistant was suing him for emotional distress, caused by, among other things, David demanding that the assistant dip David's penis in peanut butter or something, and that he put this dipping session on David's calendar as an appointment. I'm sorry, I just can't let this go. I need to know more.

Friday, January 26, 2007 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Singleton said...

Comedy Legend Cathleen Rittereiser: yeah, like anyone has to "talk you into" stalking celebrities. If only it had been Mario Batali and Nigella getting hitched.

Friday, January 26, 2007 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home