Celebri-spiral™: Enough Already

Our culture is in a celebri-spiral. We're conflicted over our ridiculous, growing celebrity culture consumption via magazines, websites, and TV shows. In 2007, my love/hate conflict made me take to the blog-o-sphere. All writing on this site © Dave Singleton 2009.

Thursday, February 8, 2007

February 8, 2007: Princess Diana Remixed: "I Am a Free Spirit"

Let me be the first to kick off Princess Diana's tenth death anniversary.

Have you seen the Princess Diana "I Am a Free Spirit" Video? It takes her Martin Bashir interview and remixes some of her soundbytes into a cheesy Eurorap, with Diana repeating "I am a free spirit." Watch it rock the charts in London. It comes complete with a video of a look-a-like parading through Princess Diana's "top ten"-style moments: the paparazzi chase, heading to the gym, greeting her fans, etc.

Is this the new thing? Take celebrity interviews and turn them into rap songs? Awesome. I can't wait for the Pamela Anderson "Kid Rock is an assh*ole" rap, the Ryan O'Neal "Aw, we're just fighting shanty Irish" hip-hop, and Britney Spears "I f*cked up, ya'll" song and dance. Oh that's right. We probably really will see the latter, later this year in Brit's new CD.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Single, you might want to check out Barbra's remix of her infamous STFU blorb at a fundraising concert. Spin that on the dancefloor! mp3 can be found here:

http://www.myspace.com/revolucian

Friday, February 09, 2007 12:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home